Sunday 29 May 2016

‘The Attic’ – A Vision from God

‘I am waiting to take you out of the attic; you do not need to stay there anymore. Will you let me lead you out?  Will you?'


Source: bornintheeighties.net
It was a sunny afternoon and while I was reading in my bedroom a lovely breeze came through my window, a peace came upon me that seemed to fill the whole room. I had a vision of a boy sitting in an attic, his head was bowed in between his hands, there was a deep sadness upon his face and he seemed lost and alone.

In the attic were all kinds of objects that seemed to belong to another time, like an old chair with springs sticking out, an old iron (not electric), just like the one my mother used to have. She would put the iron onto the flames of a gas cooker then when the iron was hot she would place a cloth around the hot handle then proceed to iron with great pressure. Also, there was an old metal frame, washing mangle, which had two wooden rollers which were located very close together. The wet washing would be placed between the two rollers, which would be turned by a large handle on the side to squeeze out all of the water. All of the items I could see in the attic belong in the past, as they are not needed anymore.

Source: thebottomofabottle.wordpress.com
I asked God whom this vision was for.  God said ‘the child in the attic represents all of my hurting children. They are trapped in the past, afraid to come into a world where they see only pain, a lost childhood gone forever, left only with a thought of what might have been if life had been different for them. These are my children who I love so much. This Word is for them. I am the Lord your God who brings the light of the dawn from the darkest night’. Isaiah 9:2 ‘the people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they who dwell in the shadow of death, upon them a light has shined’.

God continued; ‘The devil wants you to remain in bondage, however, I will heal you and set you free from the chains that once bound you. When I was hung on the cross, I took your pain and shame for the wrongs that have been done by you and the wrongs that have been done to you. Now, lay them there on the cross with me’ Joel 2:25 ‘I will restore the years the locusts have stolen’. ‘If you turn from that which is distracting you from me I will use you to be a blessing in the world to glorify your saviour. I will give you the power to do this. Be holy as your Father in Heaven is holy.  It’s not going to be easy but I am always with you’. Isaiah 43:2-3 ‘When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior’.


Source: www.celebrationchurchlive.com
God then concluded; ‘I am waiting to take you out of the attic; you do not need to stay there anymore. Will you let me lead you out? Will you?Isaiah 60:19 ‘The sun will no longer be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory’. 'Do this and your days of sorrow will end'.





Author: Eileen Greaves

May God bless and enrich your life

Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and others

8 comments:

  1. May we all be led by the holy spirit in our walk with God. Thank you Father for this wonderful message. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah, Praise God 'we have been set free, our chains are gone'. No longer in prison (the article). Thank you SO much sister for taking the time to Bless the Body of Christ, ALL the Glory to our awesome God ALWAYS. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Light will always shine. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God for his love and blessings he is our light that leads and guide each day

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolute blessing. Praise God for his unfailing love and for setting us free. He's our corner stone who never leaves us and never lets us down. AMEN x

    ReplyDelete