Immature, childish believers have these unhealthy traits:
• Self-centered – everything has to revolve around them.
• Influenced by their feelings – one minute they’re happy, the next they’re screaming!
• Easily attracted by externals – a new sound or rattle quickly gets their attention.
• Prefer play to work – unproductive apart from making work for others.
• Don’t take responsibility for their actions and behaviour.
• Live on a restricted diet, preferring to be spoon-fed and dependent.
Pastoring isn’t pampering! Growing as a Christian is a command not an option. Spiritual growth is a matter of attitude, not age. God has provided everything we need for growth, and maturity should be our burning ambition. If you’re wearing a small jacket, make sure you’re growing out of it!
Author: Alan Hewitt - AOG UK National Leadership Team
May God bless and enrich your life
Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and others