Sunday 3 December 2017

God’s plans are always better than our own

If you are seeking direction, particularly regarding a work situation, be assured that it's not that you're not capable, it is that God has something else in mind for you. His plans are always so much better than our own!!

Source: Biblia.com
I remember a situation
where I was asked if I would consider applying for a position which was about to be re-advertised for a one to one helper with a child with very specific learning difficulties. I was also told that, to date, no-one who had previously applied was suitable for the position. The person added that because I had worked in lots of different capacities and environments that I had an excellent skill-set and my multi-discipline experience would be invaluable. I explained that I was really happy in my current job and had no desire to swap roles and to work with just one child. During the next few days both the person who had contacted me and one of her colleagues, badgered, coerced and pleaded with me to apply. Eventually I gave in and agreed to apply. I went to the interview and all seemed to go well. The Deputy Head (the person who encouraged me to apply), his colleague and a trustee were conducting the interview and at the end of I was told by the Deputy Head that he would let me know the outcome by two o’clock that day as they had one further person to interview. However, three o'clock came and went and by four o'clock I realised that it was highly likely that I hadn't got the job. At 4.30pm the phone rang and surprisingly it wasn't the Deputy Head’s voice that I heard but the voice of the person who asked me to go for the interview in the first place. After the pleasantry greeting of ‘hello’ there was such a long awkward pause that I put her out of her misery and said; ‘it’s okay I know I haven't got the job, don't feel awkward’. She was so grateful I'd let her off the hook and went onto explain that the parents of the child had taken legal action against the education department, for a place for their child and that this was being covered heavily by the press. Someone else had applied on the very last day who had years of experience dealing with this particular type of need, so they had no choice but to give her the position.

Source: Sweet Blessings
The next morning, I had lots of photo-copying to do before school began and practically every teacher that passed by told me very loudly that they were really upset for me and how I must be really upset and angry as I was more than capable of doing the job. My reply to everyone was the same; 'if it had been in God’s will I would have got the job, but He obviously had different plans for me'. I was located near enough to the Deputy Head Teacher’s office for him to hear all the conversations in my office. His door was open and eventually he beckoned me into his office. He looked really embarrassed and asked if I would like to have any feedback from the interview. I replied that I was more than capable of doing the job and that I had no problem that they had chosen someone else. I didn't want to waste his time, or mine by expounding on my interview and told him that I needed to get back to my job, and turning swiftly I exited his office.

The interesting part is that just as this child was about to start school I was off work with pleurisy (in 30 years of working history I had hardly taken a day off work prior to this), and I was absent for three weeks. I am so thankful that God knew what was going to happen because if I had been successfully in getting the job, I would have been devastated at being off sick and unable to fulfil my commitment at this really important bonding time. I was perfectly capable of doing the job, but God had other plans for me, plans to prosper me and not harm me; Jeremiah 29:11 ‘For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future’.

So, if you are seeking direction, particularly regarding a work situation, be assured that it's not that you're not capable, it is that God has something else in mind for you. His plans are always so much better than our own!! Matthew 6:33 ‘But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well’

May God bless you.


Author: Lyn Hunt

May God bless and enrich your life

Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and others

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this blog article which reminds us to seek God first in all situations. We may not aways understand at the time what or why God is doing things in our lives however in faith we know that God has it under control. Thank you for taking the time to write this blessing. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear sister in Christ for the Blessing of this timely blog. As the song says "standing on the promises of God I can NOT fall" Amen.
    After Joseph was sold into slavery by his own brothers and then put into prison for a crime he never committed he says this to his brothers
    "...........God intended it all for good" Amen. (Gen 50 v19)

    As God states through the Blog "........IF it had been God's will then I would have got the job"

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. God knows best! So often we get upset by things that don't go the way we wanted them to our turn out the way we expected them to, and we lose our peace. This blog is a great reminder that God knows what's best for our lives after all He wrote the story. It's also a great reminder that God can use us to do things we may not think we're capable of, if He's in it He will equip us, bless us and make us successful. Trust and obey for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey. Great blog, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for writing this blog , its a much needed message for all of us , to show how God is always in control. God is never to early or never to late but always on time ?. God is in control of all our Tomorrows. This article is quite timely for me personally and has encouraged me today . God Bless You

    ReplyDelete