Sunday 18 March 2018

The Love of Jesus and His Healing Power

You cannot short-circuit the process of bereavement, but God was with me every step of the way and my heart was in one piece – I never suffered that appalling pain again

Source: PInterest
My testimony of Jesus meeting me and healing me happened many years ago, I am divorced and have been on my own for 17 years. A while before my husband and I separated, my heart was broken. Doctors know that people can actually die of a broken heart. The pain I felt was so intense that I kept crying out to God for help.

I went to a meeting in Birmingham with a friend which I went to saying to God that I would not go home unless He helped me, and I meant it – I was desperate. After the speaker had given the Word he called on a lady to give her testimony. She said that God had healed her of a physical problem to do with her heart, but she felt that God was saying that He wanted to heal the broken hearted and for people to come and get prayer. I was out of that seat as fast as I could go but it took me a while to get to where the lady was praying for people. A man prayed for me and nothing happened. I knew that the lady who had the word had to pray for me, however, by this time the meeting was coming to an end.

Source: Knowing Jesus
Eventually I managed to get to the women who prayed for me simply.  As she started praying, Jesus was right in front of me and His presence and love were overwhelming. My broken heart was healed instantly. I remember saying to God that even if I had to live the rest of my life with a broken heart, I would follow Him, which was the only response I could give to such love. After the separation and divorce I went through a long period of bereavement; getting divorced is a major loss and I had been married for just about 30 years. You cannot short-circuit the process of bereavement, but God was with me every step of the way and my heart was in one piece – I never suffered that appalling pain again.

Isaiah 61:1 ‘The spirit of the sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners’.


Author: Muriel Allen

May God bless and enrich your life

Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and others

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this testimony which shows that God is with us in all situations and circumstances and that He will always be with us and help us in times of trouble and pain. God will never let us down; Deuteronomy 31:6 'Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you'. Thank you for this blessing. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear sister for blessing the body of Christ with such a personal and powerful testimony. ALL the Glory to God ALWAYS.
    like the song says we will all
    ".........find healing in his scars." Praise God.

    The Blog made me think of how many times I hurt Jesus, especially when I break the marriage covenant and move in disobedience .

    God help us to remain faithful to our promise this day we pray Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for this encouraging Blog , its going to encourage others to trust God to seek their healing . While I was reading your testimony, I was reminded of the story in the Bible about the women with the issue of blood , like you she was determined to get to Jesus and eventually managed to touch the hem of his garment? when we reach out to our Lord he will always meet us in our hurt and pain . The lord is always close to the broken hearted and will sustain us through the storms of life .tribulation brings about perseverance proven character and hope .God bless you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the words that reminds us that our Lord Jesus Christ came to the world to heal the broken hearted and to strengthen those who are weak and his promises to us today that he never leave us or forsake us may the peace of God be with us all Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your story its important that the lord can heal us but also go through the healing journey with us. we can never put a time on how long that healing process may take but wonderful to know he is with us each step xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. God not only hears our prayers He sees our hearts, what an amazing testimony that you were willing to serve Him regardless of how you felt. I believe that as you completely surrendered you heart to God He healed it. It shows us that if we run after God with all our hearts and with a determination to break through any difficulties we will overcome and receive His blessing. This is a really powerful testimony. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete