Sunday 13 May 2018

Only God knows who I really am!

When we want to know who we truly are and what we are really worth, we shouldn't be looking to those around us, we should be asking God. When you see yourself through His eyes you find hope and an overwhelming sense of pure love

Source: PInterest
Have you ever felt not good enough, not worthy to be loved by anyone, let alone God!? Have you ever felt like all you do is mess up, make mistakes, unworthy of forgiveness? When I was young I was bullied, and it became a defining moment in my life. For a whole year in school I didn't tell anyone about how I was feeling and it was painful and when I eventually told my parents I cried so hard I couldn't speak and could barely breathe, in fact, I wasn't sure it would ever stop. Ever since then, I think I have always cared too much about what other people think of me, which has had a huge and negative impact on my own self-worth. I have often had little confidence or self-esteem and I have struggled to believe that anyone could really love me, because I'm just not worth that love. However, here is the thing, no matter where I go and who I meet in life, no-one is ever going to know me the way God does, not even me! He is my creator, He knows every part of me, the good and the bad. He knows how I will deal with what life throws at me, He knows how I feel, He knows my inner most thoughts, and incredibly, He loves me completely and unconditionally at all times and in all circumstances! I might not be able to understand it, but it doesn't stop it being true; 1 John 4:16 ‘And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them’.

When we want to know who we truly are and what we are really worth, we shouldn't be looking to those around us, we should be asking God. When you see yourself through His eyes you find hope and an overwhelming sense of pure love. At the end of the day we are human, and we will mess up, but luckily for us, the Lord will always love us and forgive us for our sins if we ask. I look at the bible and it is full of people who can't help but mess up. When I read it I can't help but think 'no, why would you do that?' although I know my life is littered with those moments too. It fills me with hope that even someone like King David wasn't perfect however the Lord said in Acts 13:22 'I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do’. David took another man’s wife and had that man killed! But he repented and the Lord still loved him. In Exodus 3:11 Moses found himself unworthy; ‘But Moses said to God, 'Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?’ Moses didn't believe he could be used by the Lord and yet God used Moses to rescue the Israelites from their misery and slavery. Even Solomon in all his wisdom, eventually followed other Gods - not so wise you may think, but he allowed himself to be led by the love for his numerous wives rather than his God.

Source: Seeds Family Worship
The Lord knows us better than we know ourselves, which we see in the new testament when He predicts that Peter will deny Him three times; Matthew 26:31-34 ‘Then Jesus told them, ‘This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written: ‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’ But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee’. Peter replied, ‘Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will’. ‘Truly I tell you’, Jesus answered, ‘this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times’. Peter, who loved the Lord deeply, couldn't imagine ever doing such a thing. I am sure the Lord knew exactly how much Peter loved Him and how He believed he could never do such a thing, but the Lord also knew the situation that Peter would be in when faced with that particular challenge, surrounded by people and being accused....

We aren't perfect, that honour belongs to the Lord alone, but if we are feeling lonely and struggling with who we are and what we are worth, don't look to the world for answers, because you will only find darkness and pain and misery. It is a real challenge because naturally we look to others, especially those close to us for their opinions, validation, love. However, those in the world are human too and will let us down, get it wrong and upset us. I still struggle with it all, but I’m trying to learn that I must spend time seeking out what God thinks of me and to base my identity in that alone. Look to the creator, the one who knitted you together in your mother’s womb and created you just as you are for a reason; Psalm 139:13 ‘For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb’. Don't be defined by your past anymore. You are, who He says you are and He is who He says He is, in that you can trust!


Author:Rebekah Cronk

May God bless and enrich your life

Please feel free to share this article and other articles on this site with friends, family and others

7 comments:

  1. When I read this blog this morning the overwhelming and unconditional love of God was clear to see. Jesus is our saviour in the storm and our refuge in times of need and He will never leave us or forsake us. Seeking God first will always help us to navigate the choppy waters of life and it is a real encouragement to see the example of how God's love sustains us. A real blessing this morning and thank you for sharing this honest testimony. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for blessing the body of christ with this awesome blog. for me the timing is perfect and an answer to prayer. How awesome that God loves me unconditionally and continues to love me even when I mess things up. God's Agape love fills me with confidence and joy for I am "fearfully and wonderfully made," Hallelujah to God Almighty. All the Glory to God ALWAYS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for opening up your heart and being a blessing and encouragement for all those that struggle .
    Measuring up to what Gods standards are , and asking ourselves how does my life compare to that of Jesus Christ? is the wise and only way to live . God bless you and may our lord Jesus Christ keep you close to him always .
    Define yourself radically as one beloved of God all the days of your life .x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank so much for the words of encouragement in the blog this morning that reminds us that God loves for us stand forever even when we mess up by his grace and mercy we can get up and carry on the journey with him because he is faithful and true to keep us when we call to him may the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for a brilliant blog. I understand this totally and what great advice always follow the Lord. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The words that came to mind when I read the amazingly open and honest blog were 'My strength is made perfect in weakness' God is faithful and loves us more than we could ever imagine or understand and He uses our experiences in life to build our character and faith. If we keep our eyes firmly fixed on Him, then He will guide us in the paths of righteousness for His Names sake. May God restore to you the years the locusts have eaten, and may your future be greater than your past as you seek to Serve Him. The following scripture is for you, and I believe describes you well.
    Proverbs 31:10,29-31 NKJV
    Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. [29] "Many daughters have done well, But you excel them all." [30] Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised. [31] Give her of the fruit of her hands, And let her own works praise her in the gates.
    Thank you for sharing this blog. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this blog. And the truthful way in which you wrote it. The words are timely and thank you for reminding us that the one knows us best loves us most. How precious is that. Be blessed today as you continue to serve him and encourage us xx

    ReplyDelete